Thursday, April 16, 2015

Where is my glass slipper?

I swear I should be getting paid for this. Im not talking in hugs and cuddles, yes those are valuable, and I adore every single one I receive, but cash money would be so nice. 
Think about it, from a stay at home parent point of view. All of you working parents out there get to go to work everyday, maybe see some people you can't stand, but you also get to socialize with your friends and co-workers. You get to leave the sounds of a house filled with children behind and not have to think about it again until you get home, and by then all the hard work is done.
I am mom. Mom is not a name, it is a title, like Queen. 
A mom (at least in my house), is naysayer, accountant, handy chick. I am maid, chef, garbage collector, butt wiper, cleaner of runny noses, dry cleaner, rocking chair, space ship, carousel, tutor, mover. Today alone I am dealing with a broken dishwasher (no I won't call the landlord, my daddy taught me to handle my own problems), having to rearrange my bedroom (again) because the vent is above my head. I'm not sure if you've ever tried, but it is close to impossible to breathe with hot air blowing in your face. I have to clean laundry, make beds, clean dishes (whether the dishwasher gets fixed or not), and I hate to say it, but I still have boxes to unpack. I know, I have been here since February. You would think I would have it altogether, but I do not. All of this has to be achieved while entertaining a 2 year old daredevil.
Don't take this as complaining, because I am absolutely not. I like my life. I am (for the most part) happy where I am. I say for the most part because we all have moments when we would rather be anywhere other than where we are. YES WORLD! Even mom's feel that way sometimes. What I am trying to say here, is that if you aren't the stay at home parent, the doer of all that needs doing, show some appreciation. Take your significant other out to dinner, just the two of you. Get dressed up. Go to a movie. Bring home dinner one night so they don't have to cook. Even something as small as loading the dishwasher before you leave for work can go a long way to show you notice what they do for you every day and you are thankful for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment